- Spills of hydrocarbons and their byproducts frequently occur despite
organizations' best efforts to prevent them.
- Cleanup of sites is expensive.
- Cleanup is time-consuming, usually taking months and sometimes taking
years to complete.
- Excavating and incinerating contaminated soil is expensive. Some
additional contamination is likely during the transportation of material to
the incineration site. The incineration itself releases contaminants into
the air, trading one form of pollution for another, and air pollution is
free to travel over wide distances.
- Aeration is a slow process and also presents regulatory and
- Burying contaminated material is a lot like sweeping the problem under a
rug. It merely hides the problem without a safe and permanent solution.
Better solution - Bioremediation using Condor® LR - Land
- What is Bioremediation? It‘s not a product, it is a process. It is the
process of recovering land, through natural means, poisoned by toxic
contamination. Bioremediation provides a unique, environmentally safe method
for returning soils back to their natural state. And it is faster, and less
expensive, than any other method known.
- Bioremediation is the process of returning soil to a healthy state
through the use of natural microorganisms, like bacteria, which produce
enzymes. In the case of hydrocarbon-contaminated soil, the enzymes catalyze,
or speed up, the growth of the healthy bacteria, which consume the toxic
substances. It is a natural process soils use to maintain health and
- What is Condor® LR - Land Reclaimer? Condor LR promotes a
favorable environment for native bacteria growth. It does this by assisting
in creating an aerobic, or oxygen rich, environment where bacteria can
thrive. Once the process starts, it is self-feeding and increases at a rapid
rate. As the bioremediation process progresses, Condor LR also works to
stimulate a mild biodegradation, a natural process much like
composting, that attacks dead organic matter, including all petroleum-based
materials, such as fuels, pesticides, herbicides, termiticides, and many
- How is Condor LR applied? The product is simply mixed with water and
then applied by tank sprinkler or an injection system to the contaminated
- For more information, check out our
Condor LR - Land Reclaimer product page.
- No need for expensive excavation equipment or hauling. No need for
an incinerator. Just a tank sprinkler and/or injection system.
- Soil stays put and becomes rehabilitated and again useful for
- Easy to apply PLUS soils can be cleaned up in as little as four to
- Not only is soil restored, but significant pollution is avoided
relative to alternative solutions.
- Deemed safe by the EPA for use in and near groundwater. In fact,
actually cleans up ground water, eliminating concerns regarding
Works for soil contaminated by
- Complex hydrocarbons such as PAH’s
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Dry cleaning chemicals
- Diesel Fuels
- and many other petroleum-based materials