Technical Note SS001 – Electrochemical Pressure Injection
1. Condor® Soil Stabilizer (Condor® SS) shall conform to Earth Science Products specification. (See Condor® Soil Stabilizer Technical Note SS002– Specifications)
2. Solution ratio of Condor® SS shall be between 100 and 500 gallons of water to one gallon of Condor® SS. The ratio for the specified building pad in this project is 1 gallon of Condor® SS to 350 gallons of water. For the specified paving area in this project the ratio is 1 gallon of Condor® SS to 300 gallons of water. The specific gravity of the Condor® SS concentrate shall of a range of 1.150 to 1.400.
3. The Condor® SS concentrate shall be thoroughly mixed with water to assure uniformity of the aqueous solution prior to injection operations.
4. The injection nozzle shall be adjusted to provide the proper pressure within the range of 1500-2500 psi consistent with the soil conditions present.
5. The building pad injection rod sites shall be forced downward by hand or hydraulic means at approximate 12 inch intervals, for a total of 10 feet deep. The injection time will be a total of 4 Min. and 30 Sec. per hole. Spacing for the injection operation shall not exceed 3 feet, staggered on centers, and shall be carried outside building lines by at least 3 feet.
6. The paving area injection rod sites shall be forced downward by hand or hydraulic means at approximate 12 inch intervals, for a total of 10 feet deep. The injection time will be a total of 4 Min. and 30 Sec. per hole. Spacing for the injection operation shall not exceed 3 feet, staggered on centers, and shall be carried outside pavement or curb lines by at least 3 feet.
7. Upon completion of the injection operations the surface area shall be flooded with the Condor® SS aqueous solution. A minimum curing time of 72 hours is required before finishing operations, sampling, or testing is performed. Contractor may begin plumbing, concrete form installation, etc. on the site.
8. Post treatment evaluation shall be based on a minimum of two one-dimension laboratory swell tests (ASTM D-4546B) per boring. Continuous sampling shall be retrieved by using a thin-walled seamless tube sampler to a depth equal to the specified injection depth. Filed density and/or unconfirmed compression testing may be performed under pavement areas.
9. The average of all swell tests results shall be less than 3.5% percent and no one swell test result shall exceed 3.5% percent. The results shall be reported for a swell of 48 hours duration under a single surcharge load simulating overburden pressure during construction.
10. Continuous field inspection of the injection operations may be preformed by the geotechnical firm or other representation.